Two key federal laws have changed, affecting how employers handle wage-and-hour issues. A new federal minimum wage went into effect in July, and civil penalties for child-
Federal minimum wage
Congress increased the federal minimum wage last year when it passed the Fair Minimum Wage Act of 2007. The law amended the Fair Labor Standards Act (
Although many states have minimum wage levels higher than the federal rate, Texas uses the federal rate as its minimum wage.
The tip credit an employer can claim also increase...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Do we have to pay employees who clock in early?
- Foul-Mouthed manager leads to lawsuit against auto dealer
- How should we handle nonexempt pay for overnight, off-site meeting trips?
- Offering help at interview doesn't mean you regard applicant as disabled