Employers in the San Francisco/San Jose area pay their workers, on average, 19% above the national average, according to a new U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics survey.
Other top cities: New York City (15% above); Salinas, Calif. (14%); Hartford, Conn. (13%); and Boston (12%). The lowest: workers in Brownsville, Texas, who earned 24% below the national average, followed by Johnstown, Pa. (15%) and Corpus Christi, Texas (13%).
Find your city’s relative pay rank at www.bls.gov/ncs/ocs/payrel.htm.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/5939/in-which-city-is-compensation-the-highest "
- N.J. Supreme Court decides: Can employees take confidential docs?
- How can HR help? 60% of workers live paycheck to paycheck
- When harassment case is on the line, be ready to prove you did everything you could to stop it
- Justify your training proposals with ROI calculations
- For kicks: Aon 'passes it on' to global colleagues