Are HR professionals in tune with their employees' wants and needs? Not exactly, suggests a survey of more than 1,000 employees and HR professionals by USA Today and the Society for Human Resource. Main finding: While HR believes employees crave solid workplace relationships, employees are really focused on tangibles like benefits and job security.
Here are the top three things employees rank as "very important":
1. Job security (65 percent).
2. Benefits (64 percent).
3. Communication between employees and management (62 percent).
Here's what HR professionals think workers need to be satisfied on the job:
1. Communication between employees and management (77 percent).
2. Recognition (62 percent).
3. Relationship with boss (61 percent).
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Unlock the mystery of openbook management
- Transfer worker who needs a fresh start; it's not retaliation if pay, benefits are equal
- Rounding down (Or up) when docking pay
- Guard against attacks of hypocrisy