Are HR professionals in tune with their employees' wants and needs? Not exactly, suggests a survey of more than 1,000 employees and HR professionals by USA Today and the Society for Human Resource. Main finding: While HR believes employees crave solid workplace relationships, employees are really focused on tangibles like benefits and job security.
Here are the top three things employees rank as "very important":
1. Job security (65 percent).
2. Benefits (64 percent).
3. Communication between employees and management (62 percent).
Here's what HR professionals think workers need to be satisfied on the job:
1. Communication between employees and management (77 percent).
2. Recognition (62 percent).
3. Relationship with boss (61 percent).
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/593/focus-on-tangible-perks-to-retain-best-workers "
- Study multiple reviews to identify best HR tech products
- Immigration: Know Your 'Border Guard' Responsibilities
- HR certification: Is it worth it? If so, which one should you pursue?
- Employee enrichment retains talent, boosts productivity
- High court: Weingarten rights stand; state family leave case on docket