1. Salary budgets at U.S. organizations increased by an average 3.9% in 2008. What’s the forecast for 2009?
a. Smaller increases
b. Larger increases
c. The same
2. Oct. 20-26 is national Drug-Free Workweek (www.dol.gov/workingpartners). What percentage of American workers does the U.S. government estimate are current illicit drug users?
3. What percentage of employees say high gas prices and worsening traffic are causing them to consider a job change?
4. What ranks as the worst office fashion faux pas, according to a Monster.com survey?
c. Visible undergarments
5. Employers with 100 or more employees must file an Employer Information Report (EEO-1 Form) each year with the EEOC by which date:
a. Sept. 15
b. Sept. 30
c. Oct. 15
6. Federal wage & hour laws (minimum wage, overtime, child labor, etc.) are governed by what law?
a. The U.S. Employment Standards Act
b. The Fair Labor Standards Act
c. The Fair Standards & Labor Act
7. A new study estimates that the number of illegal immigrants in the United States fell from 12.5 million to 11.2 million in the past year, mainly due to:
a. Increased workplace enforcement
b. Weakening U.S. economy
c. Tighter border controls
Sources: 1. WorldatWork survey; 2. DOL; 3. BusinessWeek Research; 4. Monster.com; 5. www.eeoc.gov/eeo1survey; 6. DOL; 7. Center for Immigration Studies.
Answers: 1. C 2. B 3. A 4. C 5. B 6. B 7. A
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/5898/the-hr-iq-test-september-08 "