Presently pending before Congress are two bills that could dramatically change labor relations across the United States.
The Employee Free Choice Act (EFCA) would amend the National Labor Relations Act to establish a new system that would enable employees to form and join labor unions. The Public Safety Employer-Employee Cooperation Act of 2007 would bolster unionizing efforts among police officers, firefighters and emergency medical workers nationwide.
Card checks, not ballots
If the EFCA passes, unions will be able to obtain reco...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 14 Tips on Business Etiquette
- Firing employees on FMLA leave: Occasionally legal, usually unwise
- Can we ban nurses from wearing protest buttonsâ€”without violating the NLRA?
- OSHA slaps $158,400 fine on Roselle plumbing contractor
- Georgia 'Donning and doffing' case headed to high court?