Presently pending before Congress are two bills that could dramatically change labor relations across the United States.
The Employee Free Choice Act (EFCA) would amend the National Labor Relations Act to establish a new system that would enable employees to form and join labor unions. The Public Safety Employer-Employee Cooperation Act of 2007 would bolster unionizing efforts among police officers, firefighters and emergency medical workers nationwide.
Card checks, not ballots
If the EFCA passes, unions will be able to obtain reco...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 14 Tips on Business Etiquette
- Failing to transfer allergy sufferer may violate ADA.
- Isolated comments on accent not enough to prove bias
- White House shuffles NLRB nominees ahead of Senate shift
- Employee is covered under ADA if you perceive him to be disabled