Presently pending before Congress are two bills that could dramatically change labor relations across the United States.
The Employee Free Choice Act (EFCA) would amend the National Labor Relations Act to establish a new system that would enable employees to form and join labor unions. The Public Safety Employer-Employee Cooperation Act of 2007 would bolster unionizing efforts among police officers, firefighters and emergency medical workers nationwide.
Card checks, not ballots
If the EFCA passes, unions will be able to obtain reco...(register to read more)
- Accommodations may differ, but you must make sure they're fair to all disabled workers
- New govt. guidance on protecting staff from avian flu
- As economy rebounds, unions feed off 'I want my slice!' gripes
- Tempted to countersue? Make sure claims are related
- BP to pay $92,000 for 2005 accident that killed 15