Las Vegas—If you asked Linda Eller-bee what she would be doing in five years, she would have gotten the answer wrong throughout her life, she says.
Along her path to becoming a successful TV journalist and producer, Ellerbee thrived numerous times in the face of dramatic change. Here are some of the lessons from that journey that she shared with admin pros at a recent American Association conference here:
• Do it your way. "Only dead fish swim with the stream all the time," Ellerbee said.
• Face a new challenge with a new answer.
• Just because everything has changed doesn't mean everything is different. Find the familiar for comfort.
• A good time to laugh is any time you can.
- Preparing your workplace for a possible H1N1 flu pandemic
- What you should absolutely, positively NOT say in a performance review
- Supreme Court follows Ledbetter logic in AT&T pregnancy discrimination case
- HR officer accuses boss of assault, harassment
- Employee can't work well with others? Document that claim!