If you need to hire temporary workers, don't wait too long to sign that contract. Temp hiring has increased in the past five months and the growing demand will eventually raise temp wages. Also, choose temps carefully, just as you would a permanent worker. Reason: More people are taking temp jobs as a way to gain permanent employment with a company. Tip: Make sure your temp agency checks backgrounds diligently, and obtain those assurances in writing.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Postal career on hold as man can't get arrest record expunged
- Every No. 1 needs a No. 2
- I-9 issues: To copy or not to copy employee ID documents? (and 4 other I-9 problems that cause employer headaches)
- Employee relocation: 5 ways to help your company survive the housing slump