If you need to hire temporary workers, don't wait too long to sign that contract. Temp hiring has increased in the past five months and the growing demand will eventually raise temp wages. Also, choose temps carefully, just as you would a permanent worker. Reason: More people are taking temp jobs as a way to gain permanent employment with a company. Tip: Make sure your temp agency checks backgrounds diligently, and obtain those assurances in writing.
- It IS rocket science: Learn from NASA how to prevent 'Brain drain' at your company
- Negligent hiring: Take proper steps to avoid the costly pitfall
- Your 2010 HR action plan: 10 trends, 10 resolutions
- Outsourcing hiring doesn't save you from liability
- Make sure your policy is understood before rejecting applicants because of bankruptcy