If you need to hire temporary workers, don't wait too long to sign that contract. Temp hiring has increased in the past five months and the growing demand will eventually raise temp wages. Also, choose temps carefully, just as you would a permanent worker. Reason: More people are taking temp jobs as a way to gain permanent employment with a company. Tip: Make sure your temp agency checks backgrounds diligently, and obtain those assurances in writing.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Is there a legal way to ask if candidates will be able to work weekends and after hours?
- Bad news: $730K train derailment; Good news: Free venison!
- Is it permissible to ask women about gaps in their employment histories?
- Taming the paper tiger: What to keep—and for how long