If you need to hire temporary workers, don't wait too long to sign that contract. Temp hiring has increased in the past five months and the growing demand will eventually raise temp wages. Also, choose temps carefully, just as you would a permanent worker. Reason: More people are taking temp jobs as a way to gain permanent employment with a company. Tip: Make sure your temp agency checks backgrounds diligently, and obtain those assurances in writing.
- No policies, no job descriptions, no training: A case study in how not to hire & promote
- Asking worker to fetch coffee may be old-school, but is it harassment?
- No promotion postings? You're courting a bias suit
- Contractor for short-term job: Good idea?
- New economic stimulus law will find HR working closely with accounting