If you're hesitant to add new workers as you watch for economic smoke signals, here's one to consider: More of your competitors are flashing "Now Hiring" signs. As a Wall Street Journal front-page story said this month: "After a long dry spell, hosts of small firms across the country are taking on workers again ... Bush administration tax incentives and a new eagerness by banks to court small firms spurred the hiring. But the biggest factor is improving sales."
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Are we liable for wages we didn't pay while employee was waiting for drug test results?
- Job descriptions are works in progress ... Stay on top of them!
- Call lawyer before considering anything like a noncompete--even a gentlemen's agreement
- It's OK to have higher expectations of employees during probationary period