California's public pension fund (CalPERS) will pay $250 million to settle an age discrimination case with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the largest single-lawsuit settlement in EEOC history.
More than 1,700 retired California public-safety workers joined the case, which alleged that the employees were discriminated against because their disability retirement benefits were reduced in proportion to their age when hired. Bottom line: Take this as clear evidence that the EEOC aggressively targets age-bias enforcement.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/579/eeoc-nets-largest-ever-age-discrimination-settlement "
- Ohio disability law doesn't cover temporary injuries
- You don't have to tell applicants how you'll screen for interviews
- ADA: Financial and Technical Assistance
- You can discipline for email abuse--just don't thwart 'concerted' or 'protected' activity
- Employing agency determines where public employees' whistle-blower suits will be heard