The Labor Department's Pension and Welfare(PWBA) changed its name last month to the Security Administration (EBSA). But employers and pension plans are not required to change existing summary plan descriptions to reflect the name change.
To reflect the change, the EBSA added a new toll-free assistance number, (866) 444-3272, and a new Web site address, www.dol.gov/ebsa.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Unemployment: HR rep can testify about harassment probe
- Call lawyer when changes mean employees must sign releases
- Union wants nonmember employee names? Send opt-out forms so employees can choose
- Early perks, paid volunteer time among benefits for new hires