Reason: With the economic upsurge generating more hiring, it may become a "buyer's market" again. So you'll need to show your best cards to win the star applicants. That's why many large and small businesses are beefing up their work/life perks, according to a survey by Mellon Financial Corp.'s Human Resources & Investor Solutions unit. For example, the survey says 81 percent of businesses now offer flextime, up from 32 percent in 1996. Family sick leave,and compressed workweeks are also rising.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Amputee fought discrimination, wins chance to fight fires
- Retain notes on salary negotiations to protect against pay discrimination claims
- What should we do? Employee has used all her sick leave, but she's still sick
- How must employees ask for FMLA leave?