Reason: With the economic upsurge generating more hiring, it may become a "buyer's market" again. So you'll need to show your best cards to win the star applicants. That's why many large and small businesses are beefing up their work/life perks, according to a survey by Mellon Financial Corp.'s Human Resources & Investor Solutions unit. For example, the survey says 81 percent of businesses now offer flextime, up from 32 percent in 1996. Family sick leave,and compressed workweeks are also rising.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Morgan Stanley gains yet more bad publicity over sexual harassment
- No policies, no job descriptions, no training: A case study in how not to hire & promote
- Lessons from the 2006 SHRM conference: Does your organization need a 'Chief Mobility Officer'?
- You're not a doctor! Don't restrict pregnant employee's work unless her physician says so