Between Feb. 1 and April 30, many U.S. employers must post a summary of the number of job-related injuries and illnesses that occurred in their workplace last year (OSHA Form 300A, not the complete Form 300 log). Your company is exempt from the recordkeeping rules if it employs 10 or fewer people or if it's in one of the low-hazard sectors cited by OSHA (retail, services, finance and real estate). For a complete list of exempt industries (by SIC code), go to www.osha.gov/recordkeeping and click on "Partially Exempt Industries."
- New Supreme Court ruling redefines boundaries of race discrimination
- Florida employers would be wise to have a computer-Use policy
- The 5 cold, hard truths about employment lawsuits
- You can add new rule during medical leave
- Potential for class-action pay lawsuit could be lurking in your food delivery fees