Between Feb. 1 and April 30, many U.S. employers must post a summary of the number of job-related injuries and illnesses that occurred in their workplace last year (OSHA Form 300A, not the complete Form 300 log). Your company is exempt from the recordkeeping rules if it employs 10 or fewer people or if it's in one of the low-hazard sectors cited by OSHA (retail, services, finance and real estate). For a complete list of exempt industries (by SIC code), go to www.osha.gov/recordkeeping and click on "Partially Exempt Industries."
- New Jersey Senate rejects gay-marriage bill
- Watch out for pitfalls, risks of using social media in hiring
- Employee miffed about your decision? That's no reason to tolerate insubordination
- Federal workers have 45 days to complain of bias internally
- Trucking companies unload $50K to settle retaliation suit