Between Feb. 1 and April 30, many U.S. employers must post a summary of the number of job-related injuries and illnesses that occurred in their workplace last year (OSHA Form 300A, not the complete Form 300 log). Your company is exempt from the recordkeeping rules if it employs 10 or fewer people or if it's in one of the low-hazard sectors cited by OSHA (retail, services, finance and real estate). For a complete list of exempt industries (by SIC code), go to www.osha.gov/recordkeeping and click on "Partially Exempt Industries."
- This just in: Don't fire employee for taking FMLA leave
- The burdensome new 1099 reporting rules: coming ... or going?
- Contractor decision costs FedEx $319 million as class action grows
- Quiz: How well do you know discipline do's and don'ts?
- Inter-Con security guards strike at Kaiser Permanente facilities