Between Feb. 1 and April 30, many U.S. employers must post a summary of the number of job-related injuries and illnesses that occurred in their workplace last year (OSHA Form 300A, not the complete Form 300 log). Your company is exempt from the recordkeeping rules if it employs 10 or fewer people or if it's in one of the low-hazard sectors cited by OSHA (retail, services, finance and real estate). For a complete list of exempt industries (by SIC code), go to www.osha.gov/recordkeeping and click on "Partially Exempt Industries."
- Sweep of garment manufacturers nets labor law violations
- When religious needs conflict with schedule, shift swaps may be reasonable accommodation
- Make sure your arbitration agreement is valid in Texas
- Say no to accommodations if 'disability' barely scratches the surface of credibility
- It's possible for worker to have more than one 'employer'