Between Feb. 1 and April 30, many U.S. employers must post a summary of the number of job-related injuries and illnesses that occurred in their workplace last year (OSHA Form 300A, not the complete Form 300 log). Your company is exempt from the recordkeeping rules if it employs 10 or fewer people or if it's in one of the low-hazard sectors cited by OSHA (retail, services, finance and real estate). For a complete list of exempt industries (by SIC code), go to www.osha.gov/recordkeeping and click on "Partially Exempt Industries."
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 12 trends to watch as 2010 economy rebounds
- Former Trop owner fined for business problems, while union vote is overturned
- Promises, promises: Put incentives in writing; don't let managers blurt them out
- Temp Employee May Trigger FMLA Rights