A new Unum-Provident study says claims for obesity-related disabilities increased tenfold over the past 10 years. "We're just too darn fat in America" is the way Health and Human Services Secretary Tommy Thompson put it last month. Ask your health insurance provider about low-cost wellness programs for employees, such as on-site cholesterol checks, health-club membership subsidies and monthly newsletters.
- Need to tap into your nest egg? Here are 5 ways to do it penalty-free
- Are workers fully engaged? Ask right questions to find out
- Continuation medical coverage and small North Carolina employers
- Parenting leave: To whom must notice be given, and can we require use of vacation leave?
- Unions in the spotlight: What employers can and can't do