A new Unum-Provident study says claims for obesity-related disabilities increased tenfold over the past 10 years. "We're just too darn fat in America" is the way Health and Human Services Secretary Tommy Thompson put it last month. Ask your health insurance provider about low-cost wellness programs for employees, such as on-site cholesterol checks, health-club membership subsidies and monthly newsletters.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- How to conduct a 30-minute employee handbook audit
- Same-sex marriage: What the trend means for employers and HR
- Beware demanding 100% recovery--it could mean you're violating the ADA
- Domestic violence and employees: Your role, Responsibility