A new Unum-Provident study says claims for obesity-related disabilities increased tenfold over the past 10 years. "We're just too darn fat in America" is the way Health and Human Services Secretary Tommy Thompson put it last month. Ask your health insurance provider about low-cost wellness programs for employees, such as on-site cholesterol checks, health-club membership subsidies and monthly newsletters.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Congress begins debate on paid-leave bill; Obama OKs same-sex benefits for federal workers
- The policy and legal implications of discussing compensation
- How to help employees understand the value of their benefits
- What will you decide: keep or drop employee health benefits?