A new Unum-Provident study says claims for obesity-related disabilities increased tenfold over the past 10 years. "We're just too darn fat in America" is the way Health and Human Services Secretary Tommy Thompson put it last month. Ask your health insurance provider about low-cost wellness programs for employees, such as on-site cholesterol checks, health-club membership subsidies and monthly newsletters.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Most indexed 401(k)s beat managed funds
- DOL clarifies age for continuing coverage for employees' adult children
- Street Smarts: Your peers weigh in with 5 real-world comp & benefits solutions
- NCWHA governs employee incentive and bonus plans