A new Unum-Provident study says claims for obesity-related disabilities increased tenfold over the past 10 years. "We're just too darn fat in America" is the way Health and Human Services Secretary Tommy Thompson put it last month. Ask your health insurance provider about low-cost wellness programs for employees, such as on-site cholesterol checks, health-club membership subsidies and monthly newsletters.
- Your 2010 HR action plan: 10 trends, 10 resolutions
- Auto execs use face time to drive employee commitment
- Don't cave to telecommuting request if it won't allow disabled employee to do job
- What happens if we fail to provide COBRA notice upon termination?
- A 'Perfect storm' for organized labor is forming over Texas