Many baby boomers recently surveyed by AARP say they'd be willing to take service positions after they retire from their long-term careers. Among the top jobs mentioned: customer service rep, retail salesperson, landscaper, cashier, computer support specialist, real estate agent, secretary and child care worker. Note: A separate study by consultants Challenger, Gray & Christmas says older employees are more productive during early-morning shifts.
- Stressed for success? Most, least stressful jobs
- There are complaints, then there are complaints: General gripes about unfairness aren't protected
- When merger looms, focus on evaluations
- Time records crucial in FMLA eligibility calculation
- Calling your employment attorney: When it's needed, when it's not