An administrative judge for the NLRB ordered Prudential Insurance to hold a new union election because the company distributed anti-union e-mails but didn't allow organizers to access the system. The NLRB ruled that the company held an unfair advantage. Advice: Whatever medium you use to campaign against unions, allow employee organizers to use it for pro-union messages.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- When Can You Discipline, Fire Disabled Workers? New EEOC Guidance Explains
- Employee's poor performance trumps his retaliation claim
- Don't let employees guess about being fired
- Come down hard on supervisors: No telling employees to drop discrimination complaints