An administrative judge for the NLRB ordered Prudential Insurance to hold a new union election because the company distributed anti-union e-mails but didn't allow organizers to access the system. The NLRB ruled that the company held an unfair advantage. Advice: Whatever medium you use to campaign against unions, allow employee organizers to use it for pro-union messages.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 5 ways to avoid legal risks of converting temps to regular staff
- When employee complains, you must investigate -- but you can insist on a civilized complaint
- Rate of union membership jumped in Texas in 2009
- Tell managers: Get over it! Handling employee complaints is part of the job