An administrative judge for the NLRB ordered Prudential Insurance to hold a new union election because the company distributed anti-union e-mails but didn't allow organizers to access the system. The NLRB ruled that the company held an unfair advantage. Advice: Whatever medium you use to campaign against unions, allow employee organizers to use it for pro-union messages.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Rehiring ex-employees? Be wary of hidden legal risks
- High court to tackle immigrant rights, standards for cases
- Beware firing ill employee after FMLA expires
- Don't rush to judge accommodation requests; ADA requires interactive give-and-take