An administrative judge for the NLRB ordered Prudential Insurance to hold a new union election because the company distributed anti-union e-mails but didn't allow organizers to access the system. The NLRB ruled that the company held an unfair advantage. Advice: Whatever medium you use to campaign against unions, allow employee organizers to use it for pro-union messages.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Essential Topics in Employee Handbooks
- For pay statements, does 'total hours worked' include vacation and PTO?
- When showing up for work is essential, you don't have to accommodate with lax schedule
- Employer must show reasonable basis for 'Honest belief'