Big companies employ "customer relationship" (CRM) software to track and categorize service and sales records. The result: faster customer service and shorter sales cycles. Now that CRM software makers are competing hard for small and midsize businesses, you can find better deals. Some leading vendors: www.netsuite.com, www.bestsoftware.com, www.SAP.com, www.icusa.com, www.pivotal.com, www.salesnet.com and www.techsell.net. Prices vary widely, based on needs. To learn more about your CRM options, visit www.crmassist.com, www.crmcommunity.com and www.crmguru.com.
- Track rationale for all salary increases
- When an abusive supervisor is equally intolerable to everyone, is it harassment?
- Administrative staff: Who's exempt, who's not?
- Do nonunion employees have right to representation during disciplinary meetings?
- HR lessons from unusual places: Put on your leadership shoes!