You may have read that legislation sailed through the House last month that would give employers more time to challenge OSHA citations and allow small businesses to recoup legal fees when they defeat an OSHA lawsuit. Outlook: Don't expect those bills to go further. The Senate doesn't possess the appetite—or partisan margins—to push through such bills this year.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Pay Discrimination Audits: Ensuring Your Organization Is Protected Against Ledbetter Complaints
- WHD takes $160K bite out of Fremont's BitMICRO
- Employers can ask jury to decide when collective bargaining agreement was ratified
- Understand your OSHA records responsibilities