You may have read that legislation sailed through the House last month that would give employers more time to challenge OSHA citations and allow small businesses to recoup legal fees when they defeat an OSHA lawsuit. Outlook: Don't expect those bills to go further. The Senate doesn't possess the appetite—or partisan margins—to push through such bills this year.
- How to win sexual harassment lawsuits: Institute robust anti-harassment training policy
- For some employees, banking law trumps state protections
- Complaining about co-worker's harassment may be protected
- Hold it! Must you allow unlimited bathroom breaks?
- The case of the disappearing employee, whose leaves leave us struggling