New proposed IRS regulations give the green light to using electronic means to send benefit plan information to employees and beneficiaries that is otherwise required in writing. The new regs also cover electronic transmissions of elections or consents. These new rules apply across the board to qualified plans, qualified annuity contracts (including joint and survivor annuities), SEPs, SIMPLEs, cafeteria plans, accident and health plans, educational assistance plans, qualified transportationand Health Savings Accounts. (NPRM REG-138362-04) Consult with your benefits adviser.
- What's the difference between an independent contractor and an employee?
- OSHA goes postal on Eagan USPS facility
- Differing male and female grooming standards may signal opening for religious accommodation
- Does your organization need insurance against employee lawsuits?
- Gain on a jointly-owned property inheritance