New proposed IRS regulations give the green light to using electronic means to send benefit plan information to employees and beneficiaries that is otherwise required in writing. The new regs also cover electronic transmissions of elections or consents. These new rules apply across the board to qualified plans, qualified annuity contracts (including joint and survivor annuities), SEPs, SIMPLEs, cafeteria plans, accident and health plans, educational assistance plans, qualified transportationand Health Savings Accounts. (NPRM REG-138362-04) Consult with your benefits adviser.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Helping your sick parent without jeopardizing your career
- Sexual harassment: Your best game plan is prevention
- Paying for steward's time spent on the grievance process
- Noncompete must be reasonable and necessary to protect legitimate interests