New proposed IRS regulations give the green light to using electronic means to send benefit plan information to employees and beneficiaries that is otherwise required in writing. The new regs also cover electronic transmissions of elections or consents. These new rules apply across the board to qualified plans, qualified annuity contracts (including joint and survivor annuities), SEPs, SIMPLEs, cafeteria plans, accident and health plans, educational assistance plans, qualified transportationand Health Savings Accounts. (NPRM REG-138362-04) Consult with your benefits adviser.
- Can we require a release of legal claims in exchange for severance pay?
- Can individual employees be liable for FMLA violations? 4th Circuit may decide
- No unemployment benefits if employee quit before you had a chance to fix problems
- NLRB slaps $1.3 million penalty on Wilshire Plaza
- Must you grant diabetic employees extra breaks as a disability accommodation?