New proposed IRS regulations give the green light to using electronic means to send benefit plan information to employees and beneficiaries that is otherwise required in writing. The new regs also cover electronic transmissions of elections or consents. These new rules apply across the board to qualified plans, qualified annuity contracts (including joint and survivor annuities), SEPs, SIMPLEs, cafeteria plans, accident and health plans, educational assistance plans, qualified transportationand Health Savings Accounts. (NPRM REG-138362-04) Consult with your benefits adviser.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Can we refuse to hire member of National Guard because she lacks weekend scheduling flexibility?
- Indefinite leave is not a 'reasonable accommodation'
- Try to accommodate employee's religion-- but don't automatically agree if it's a burden
- Why employers offer wellness programs