Employers face potential employee lawsuits filed under the Civil Rights Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, ADA,
Recognizing the risk, more employers are choosing to protect themselves with employment practices liability insurance (EPLI), which covers your organization if it’s hit with an employment lawsuit. But it’s important to know which coverage is right for you.
Your employment risks are constantly growing. President Bush recently signed a new law that makes it illegal to discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of their genetic test results. The law sounds like it won’t trigger many lawsuits, but that’s what proponents said about the FMLA.
Expect the employment law landscape to grow even more complex i...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Small Business Tax Deduction Strategies
- Go ahead and grant 'disability leave'— but don't assume employee is disabled
- HR CSI: How to conduct a post-mortem of a legal claim
- Unhappy employee? Carefully track complaints
- Supremes at work: 8 key employment law cases on docket