Employers face potential employee lawsuits filed under the Civil Rights Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, ADA,
Recognizing the risk, more employers are choosing to protect themselves with employment practices liability insurance (EPLI), which covers your organization if it’s hit with an employment lawsuit. But it’s important to know which coverage is right for you.
Your employment risks are constantly growing. President Bush recently signed a new law that makes it illegal to discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of their genetic test results. The law sounds like it won’t trigger many lawsuits, but that’s what proponents said about the FMLA.
Expect the employment law landscape to grow even more complex i...(register to read more)
- Reap the tax breaks from a 'grandfather' election
- Va. firm still pays full premiums for employees and their families
- When you learn of possible harassment, investigate promptly, take fast action
- Extract golden nuggets from reluctant references
- Colorado voters may have chance to weigh in on 'Right to work'