The U.S. Department of Labor has sued an employer association, a health fund trustee and the fund’s consultant over allegedly imprudent
The fund allegedly failed to pay more than $3.4 million in health care bills incurred by workers in Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Texas and other states.
Labor Secretary Elaine Chao vowed to “be tireless in seeking full restitution, correcting the fund’s operations and barring the defendants from ever again being in a position to harm workers’ interests in an ERISA benefit plan.”
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- HR certification: Is it worth it? If so, which one should you pursue?
- Employers don't always have to be right, just honest
- Streamline your admin meetings
- Cut costs by challenging requests for intermittent FMLA leave