The U.S. Department of Labor has sued an employer association, a health fund trustee and the fund’s consultant over allegedly imprudent
The fund allegedly failed to pay more than $3.4 million in health care bills incurred by workers in Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Texas and other states.
Labor Secretary Elaine Chao vowed to “be tireless in seeking full restitution, correcting the fund’s operations and barring the defendants from ever again being in a position to harm workers’ interests in an ERISA benefit plan.”
- Could he sue us? Employee was fired after he injured himself on the job
- Don't let compassion waylay your career
- OMG! TWD is nothing to LOL about: Set policy to ease 'Texting-While-Driving' risks
- Record-Keeping: Heed federal rules for discovery of e-mail, IMs
- Hire education: Filling job positions without inviting lawsuits