Mass retirements of baby boomers and an increased need for security professionals have Uncle Sam on a hiring spree—and looking at your young employees.
A new poll by the Partnership for Public Service says two-thirds of young people have considered working for the federal government.
On their wish list: 63% say salary is their most important consideration. About a third cite either meaningful work or job location as important factors in deciding whether to work for the government.
Advice: Retain your young workers by helping them pay off their student loans. Two-thirds of young workers carry student debt; 12% owe more than $50,000.
- Do applicants have to reveal disabilities during the hiring process?
- Former Cook County prosecutor files discrimination suit
- Drug testing: Minimize lawsuit risk with smart policy
- Consider ADA, discrimination, validity issues when using personality tests
- Keep health costs out of the equation when considering hiring and firing