Mass retirements of baby boomers and an increased need for security professionals have Uncle Sam on a hiring spree—and looking at your young employees.
A new poll by the Partnership for Public Service says two-thirds of young people have considered working for the federal government.
On their wish list: 63% say salary is their most important consideration. About a third cite either meaningful work or job location as important factors in deciding whether to work for the government.
Advice: Retain your young workers by helping them pay off their student loans. Two-thirds of young workers carry student debt; 12% owe more than $50,000.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Top 5 small-business hiring slip-ups—and how to avoid them
- No policies, no job descriptions, no training: A case study in how not to hire & promote
- There's desperate hiring, and then there's this
- Know 6 factors that determine independent contractor status