A former McDonald’s employee is suing the Oak Brook, Ill.-based company for permitting sexual harassment at a Pittsburgh restaurant.
Vonda Jackson alleges that an assistant store manager touched her inappropriately, stabbed her in the buttocks with a meat thermometer and chased her around the store with a broom. When she complained, the store manager allowed the behavior to continue, the lawsuit alleges. Jackson worked in the store from August 2003 to March 2007.
- Gospel truth: You must accommodate employees' religious needs
- Personal dislike not enough to win discrimination lawsuit
- Head off problem employees' retaliation suits: Document all decision-making as it happens
- Padding your reasons for firing can build case against you
- Safety Harbor employee wins discrimination judgment