A former McDonald’s employee is suing the Oak Brook, Ill.-based company for permitting sexual harassment at a Pittsburgh restaurant.
Vonda Jackson alleges that an assistant store manager touched her inappropriately, stabbed her in the buttocks with a meat thermometer and chased her around the store with a broom. When she complained, the store manager allowed the behavior to continue, the lawsuit alleges. Jackson worked in the store from August 2003 to March 2007.
- Personality clash? Don't automatically transfer complainer
- One rule, two employees, two violations: Document why discipline wasn't identical
- Stray remarks add to suspicions of bias
- The hard truth by "Z": When employees become legal schemers
- When bosses hook up with subordinates, sparks may fly … in court