A former McDonald’s employee is suing the Oak Brook, Ill.-based company for permitting sexual harassment at a Pittsburgh restaurant.
Vonda Jackson alleges that an assistant store manager touched her inappropriately, stabbed her in the buttocks with a meat thermometer and chased her around the store with a broom. When she complained, the store manager allowed the behavior to continue, the lawsuit alleges. Jackson worked in the store from August 2003 to March 2007.
- Pay Attention to New Proof-of-Age Requirement for N.Y. Employers
- Write concrete terms into your policies; don't waffle
- Dozing at the desk? Sleepy on the shop floor? You may need to offer ADA accommodations
- How not to treat a learning-disabled employee
- Employee who's suing files for bankruptcy? It just got easier to settle your case