A former McDonald’s employee is suing the Oak Brook, Ill.-based company for permitting sexual harassment at a Pittsburgh restaurant.
Vonda Jackson alleges that an assistant store manager touched her inappropriately, stabbed her in the buttocks with a meat thermometer and chased her around the store with a broom. When she complained, the store manager allowed the behavior to continue, the lawsuit alleges. Jackson worked in the store from August 2003 to March 2007.
- You're not liable for other states' discrimination laws
- With promotions on the line, beware rivalries that could result in sex bias, harassment
- Give all employees a shot at advancement
- Can we discipline an employee for secretly recording workplace conversations?
- The Cost of Failing to Change: Echoes From the 'Boom-Boom Room'