A former McDonald’s employee is suing the Oak Brook, Ill.-based company for permitting sexual harassment at a Pittsburgh restaurant.
Vonda Jackson alleges that an assistant store manager touched her inappropriately, stabbed her in the buttocks with a meat thermometer and chased her around the store with a broom. When she complained, the store manager allowed the behavior to continue, the lawsuit alleges. Jackson worked in the store from August 2003 to March 2007.
- Interview and consider applicants even if they're receiving SSD payments
- Ensure business need for literacy requirement
- Lesson from the court: Never disclose former employees' medical info
- Org chart irrelevant in Equal Pay Act cases
- Courts say, 'Enough!': Employees must file all related claims at same time