A former McDonald’s employee is suing the Oak Brook, Ill.-based company for permitting sexual harassment at a Pittsburgh restaurant.
Vonda Jackson alleges that an assistant store manager touched her inappropriately, stabbed her in the buttocks with a meat thermometer and chased her around the store with a broom. When she complained, the store manager allowed the behavior to continue, the lawsuit alleges. Jackson worked in the store from August 2003 to March 2007.
- Sexist remarks plus denied opportunities can add up to a hostile environment
- Using prison labor? You're not an 'employer' under ADA
- Boca Raton gas station draws ire for alleged religious bias
- Volunteer fire dept. settles harassment suit for $15,000
- No need to reinstate if disability leave extends past FMLA