1. What’s the new maximum Fair Labor Standards Act fine against employers in cases of death or serious injury to employees under age 18?
a. $20,000 b. $50,000 c. $100,000
2. In an effort to save money and energy, which state recently became the first to switch to a four-day workweek for state employees?
a. Utah b. Nevada c. Massachusetts
3. On July 24, the federal minimum wage took the second step of its three-step increase, rising to $6.55 an hour. What level (and when) is the final step?
a. $6.85 per hour on Jan. 1, 2009
b. $7.25 per hour on Jan. 1, 2009
c. $7.25 per hour on July 24, 2009
4. President Bush recently ordered that companies receiving federal government contracts must begin:
a. Filing corporate tax returns electronically
b. Using the E-Verify system to check new hires’ immigration status
c. Allowing employees to take starting after one month
5. What are the top two concerns of HR professionals, in order?
a. Mass retirement of baby boomers and continuing high cost of health care
b. Continuing high cost of health care and mass retirement of baby boomers
c. Continuing high cost of health care and threat of recession
6. Which group has the best track record on saving for retirement?
a. Baby boomers
b. Baby boomers’ children
c. Baby boomers’ parents
7. On July 1, the IRS increased the standard mileage rate for business driving for the second half of 2008
by 8 cents to:
a. 54.5 cents per mile
b. 57.5 cents per mile
c. 58.5 cents per mile
Answers: 1. B 2. A 3. C 4. B 5. B 6. C 7. C
Sources: 1. New GINA law; 2. USA Today; 3. U.S. Department of Labor; 4. White House; 5. 2008 SHRM survey; 6. Association for Insured Retirement Solutions survey; 7. IRS.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/5366/the-hr-iq-test-august-08 "