Effective July 24, the federal minimum wage is now $6.55 per hour. That will increase again on July 24, 2009, to $7.25 per hour. If you haven’t already done so, make sure your posters are up-to-date and reflect the new figure.
You can download a poster (in several languages) from the U.S. Department of Labor at www.dol.gov/osbp/sbrefa/poster/matrix.htm#minwage. Many states have their own minimum wage laws. Learn any state’s minimum wage at www.dol.gov/esa/minwage/america.htm.
- A few unpaid 'donning and doffing' minutes can add up to penalties worth millions
- Proposed model COBRA notice pushes health insurance exchanges
- Attention Wal-Mart managers: Beware of class-Action lawsuits
- Should we be paying for the trip from our home office to the work site?
- Pennsylvania wage & hour law: Understand the new rules for 2007