Effective July 24, the federal minimum wage is now $6.55 per hour. That will increase again on July 24, 2009, to $7.25 per hour. If you haven’t already done so, make sure your posters are up-to-date and reflect the new figure.
You can download a poster (in several languages) from the U.S. Department of Labor at www.dol.gov/osbp/sbrefa/poster/matrix.htm#minwage. Many states have their own minimum wage laws. Learn any state’s minimum wage at www.dol.gov/esa/minwage/america.htm.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- What should we do? We suspect string of workplace injuries might be workers' comp fraud
- ACA young-adult provisions shifting health costs to insurers
- Seasonal work, temps and 1099 status: Are we liable for unemployment comp?
- Consider alternatives to cash severance