by Paul Falcone
In reality, it doesn’t need to be that way. One simple way to reinvent is to shift the responsibility for initial evaluations back to your employees.
If you ask workers to grade themselves, you’ll find (more than likely) that they’re harder on themselves than you’d ever be! And this, more than any other exercise throughout the year, may place you and your supervisors in the roles of career mentors and coaches rather than unilateral decision-makers and disciplinarians.
Logi...(register to read more)
- Molson Coors to trim staff by outsourcing IT work
- Tell bosses: Accept settlement without comment
- Filling out NASD Form U-5? For now, watch what you say
- Don't guess on need for FMLA leave! Insist employees follow usual notification procedures
- Bakery settles after allegations of harassment against Mexicans