A former McDonald’s employee is suing the Oak Brook-based company for permitting sexual harassment at a Pittsburgh restaurant.
Vonda Jackson alleges that an assistant store manager touched her inappropriately, stabbed her in the buttocks with a meat thermometer and chased her around the store with a broom. When she complained, the store manager allowed the behavior to continue, the lawsuit alleges.
Jackson worked in the store from August 2003 to March 2007. Her lawsuit seeks unspecified compensatory and punitive damages.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- One sex always does the dirty work? Be prepared to show that it's essential
- Exception covers some, not all, church staff
- Be prepared to explain your reasonable rationale for firing protected-class worker
- Mets and owner Wilpon sued over pregnancy remarks