A former McDonald’s employee is suing the Oak Brook-based company for permitting sexual harassment at a Pittsburgh restaurant.
Vonda Jackson alleges that an assistant store manager touched her inappropriately, stabbed her in the buttocks with a meat thermometer and chased her around the store with a broom. When she complained, the store manager allowed the behavior to continue, the lawsuit alleges.
Jackson worked in the store from August 2003 to March 2007. Her lawsuit seeks unspecified compensatory and punitive damages.
- When talk turns to sex, watch out for harassment claims from unexpected victims
- Supervisors who say 'What happens here, stays here' invite retaliation claims
- Small businesses: Check to see if you're too small to be sued
- When accommodating pregnant employee, make sure measures truly relate to pregnancy
- Elevator company settles with shafted employee