The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) has filed suit against Catherine Ellingen, owner and president of Plywood Industries in Roseville, over violations of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA).
The lawsuit claims Ellingen kept employees’ health insurance contributions and used the money to finance ongoing company operations from January 2006 through July 2007. The DOL seeks to permanently bar Ellingen from serving as a fiduciary to any ERISA-governed plans. It also wants her to repay the contributions, plus interest.
- Could he sue us? Employee was fired after he injured himself on the job
- Baltimore salon styles benefits rare in industry
- Employee injured at a work-Related conference can qualify for workers' comp benefits
- Don't just ban smoking on-Site; help employees quit
- Mandatory Off-Site Counseling Sessions May Be Paid 'Work Time'