Q. We have a sexual harassment policy. Is that enough?
A. No. Sexual harassment is unlawful, but racial harassment is unlawful also, as are other forms of harassment because of a protected class (e.g., religion, age, disability). Your policy should mention that it applies to all types of improper harassment; don’t limit it to sexual harassment.
- Tell bosses: Don't voice anger about discrimination complaint
- Eaton Neck Fire Department settles age discrimination suit
- Independent investigations are key to making decisions stick and avoiding retaliation claims
- Don't bend on disability accommodations if they could compromise safety
- Use rational criteria to make hiring decisions