Q. We have a sexual harassment policy. Is that enough?
A. No. Sexual harassment is unlawful, but racial harassment is unlawful also, as are other forms of harassment because of a protected class (e.g., religion, age, disability). Your policy should mention that it applies to all types of improper harassment; don’t limit it to sexual harassment.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/5273/how-many-kinds-of-harassment-policies-do-we-need "
- Is body odor a real disability?
- Employees filed job-discrimination complaints with EEOC in near-record numbers last year
- Basic problem stalls pay suit: Plaintiff made lots of money
- Retaliation alert: Don't punish boss for refusing to alter disputed performance review
- Protect disabled staff from harassment