Q. We have a sexual harassment policy. Is that enough?
A. No. Sexual harassment is unlawful, but racial harassment is unlawful also, as are other forms of harassment because of a protected class (e.g., religion, age, disability). Your policy should mention that it applies to all types of improper harassment; don’t limit it to sexual harassment.
- Victim's conduct won't cancel out harassment
- You don't always have to be right--as long as you act in good faith
- Younger replacement doesn't prove age discrimination
- Recognize The Legal Dangers Of Considering Military Service In Employment Decisions
- When is telecommuting a reasonable accommodation under the ADA and state law?