Q. We have a sexual harassment policy. Is that enough?
A. No. Sexual harassment is unlawful, but racial harassment is unlawful also, as are other forms of harassment because of a protected class (e.g., religion, age, disability). Your policy should mention that it applies to all types of improper harassment; don’t limit it to sexual harassment.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- EEOC issues new guidance on religious garb and grooming
- Offer several ways to complain of harassment to guard against supervisor inaction
- Be wary of disciplining for false complaints
- Bypass ADA interactive accommodation process at your peril