Q. We have a sexual harassment policy. Is that enough?
A. No. Sexual harassment is unlawful, but racial harassment is unlawful also, as are other forms of harassment because of a protected class (e.g., religion, age, disability). Your policy should mention that it applies to all types of improper harassment; don’t limit it to sexual harassment.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Honesty clause on application can stop frivolous lawsuits
- Thwart retaliation claims by documenting your rationale for handling of original complaint
- Remarkably, the EEOC can tell you whom to hire … and when!
- AARP sued for age discrimination