Q. We have a sexual harassment policy. Is that enough?
A. No. Sexual harassment is unlawful, but racial harassment is unlawful also, as are other forms of harassment because of a protected class (e.g., religion, age, disability). Your policy should mention that it applies to all types of improper harassment; don’t limit it to sexual harassment.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- At-will employment remains alive and well in Pennsylvania
- Set policies, establish clear process for employees to report sexual harassment
- Shoot for dismissal if employee's harassment case is based on only one comment
- 3 provisions NOT to include in your sexual harassment policy