Q. We have a sexual harassment policy. Is that enough?
A. No. Sexual harassment is unlawful, but racial harassment is unlawful also, as are other forms of harassment because of a protected class (e.g., religion, age, disability). Your policy should mention that it applies to all types of improper harassment; don’t limit it to sexual harassment.
- Wage-and-Hour compliance: How to win the numbers game
- Equal opportunity discipline: Don't let rogue bosses subvert your anti-harassment policy
- Worker says different punishment shows bias? Your good records will save you in court
- Firm pays $190,000 to settle Astoria race harassment case
- Ready to fire worker with poor attitude? Document examples before you deliver pink slip