Q. We have a sexual harassment policy. Is that enough?
A. No. Sexual harassment is unlawful, but racial harassment is unlawful also, as are other forms of harassment because of a protected class (e.g., religion, age, disability). Your policy should mention that it applies to all types of improper harassment; don’t limit it to sexual harassment.
- Octogenarian secretary sues Catholic Diocese over firing
- Equitable discipline policy staves off surprise lawsuits
- Employee lied during internal investigation? That's a firing offense you can act on
- Put best foot forward when responding to EEOC administrative claims
- San Francisco janitors, former employer settle race-bias suit