Q. We have a sexual harassment policy. Is that enough?
A. No. Sexual harassment is unlawful, but racial harassment is unlawful also, as are other forms of harassment because of a protected class (e.g., religion, age, disability). Your policy should mention that it applies to all types of improper harassment; don’t limit it to sexual harassment.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/5273/how-many-kinds-of-harassment-policies-do-we-need "
- Inspect, investigate ASAP to prevent hostile work environment from festering
- Beware behavior that 'poisons the well,' spawns discrimination lawsuits
- 1 comment won't make hostile environment
- Court to lawyers: No, you can't just copy an old lawsuit and expect to win
- 'Anti-Mom' comments can trigger messy discrimination lawsuits