Q. We have a sexual harassment policy. Is that enough?
A. No. Sexual harassment is unlawful, but racial harassment is unlawful also, as are other forms of harassment because of a protected class (e.g., religion, age, disability). Your policy should mention that it applies to all types of improper harassment; don’t limit it to sexual harassment.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Online discussions increase company communications, liability
- Heard that story of unfair treatment before? You might be dealing with a serial retaliator
- Are you ready to punish a slacking employee? First, have a talk
- Don't wait for disabled to ask: Accommodation is two-way street