Q. We have a sexual harassment policy. Is that enough?
A. No. Sexual harassment is unlawful, but racial harassment is unlawful also, as are other forms of harassment because of a protected class (e.g., religion, age, disability). Your policy should mention that it applies to all types of improper harassment; don’t limit it to sexual harassment.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Don't require returning workers to be '100 percent healed'
- When employee requests religious accommodation, be sure to consider all possible options
- Know when to settle! Even small jury awards can lead to huge attorneys' fees
- Do you discipline for age-Related remarks? You should