Q. We have a sexual harassment policy. Is that enough?
A. No. Sexual harassment is unlawful, but racial harassment is unlawful also, as are other forms of harassment because of a protected class (e.g., religion, age, disability). Your policy should mention that it applies to all types of improper harassment; don’t limit it to sexual harassment.
- End of harassment investigation triggers filing period
- How responsible is a parent company for an action filed against a subsidiary company?
- Don't fire employee because of family's high health costs
- Even lost opportunity for overtime may be considered illegal retaliation
- Court: Isolated risqué comments aren't enough to create a hostile work environment