Q. We have a sexual harassment policy. Is that enough?
A. No. Sexual harassment is unlawful, but racial harassment is unlawful also, as are other forms of harassment because of a protected class (e.g., religion, age, disability). Your policy should mention that it applies to all types of improper harassment; don’t limit it to sexual harassment.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Warn hiring committee: Never discuss decision-making process with candidates
- Ad hoc second chances? See you in court!
- Follow up on complaints to ensure mistreatment stops along with harassment
- Good news: You don't have to worry spouse will sue under NJLAD