Q. We have a sexual harassment policy. Is that enough?
A. No. Sexual harassment is unlawful, but racial harassment is unlawful also, as are other forms of harassment because of a protected class (e.g., religion, age, disability). Your policy should mention that it applies to all types of improper harassment; don’t limit it to sexual harassment.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Stacks of résumés are no excuse for sloppy hiring practices
- Contract will still stick, even if employee fails to read it
- The right way to accommodate employees with diabetes
- Delegating Wage-Setting Discretion to Branches Won't Justify a Class-Action Lawsuit