Q. We have a sexual harassment policy. Is that enough?
A. No. Sexual harassment is unlawful, but racial harassment is unlawful also, as are other forms of harassment because of a protected class (e.g., religion, age, disability). Your policy should mention that it applies to all types of improper harassment; don’t limit it to sexual harassment.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Beware Sec. 1981 lawsuits, which target race bias
- Feel free to reassign employees if it's justifiedâ€”you won't be liable for retaliation
- Commercial pilots claim FAA retirement plan broke state law
- Transportation Companies Face New Drug-Testing Requirements, Starting on Aug. 25