Q. Does Colorado require severance pay if companies do layoffs?
A. No. No state or federal law requires severance pay. However, if companies voluntarily adopt such a plan, then it may be enforceable. If a company decides to offer severance pay, it should consider whether to require employees to sign a waiver-and-release agreement in exchange for the severance pay.
- Sen. Boscola plagued by blogging chief of staff
- Incompetence can't turn manager into hourly
- Vague gripes about bosses aren't protected
- Never let fired employee unfairly blame bias; be prepared to prove performance deficiencies
- OK to cut position of worker on FMLA leave--if you can prove FMLA status didn't affect decision