Champion Window of Pittsburgh has agreed to pay $100,000 to settle a race discrimination lawsuit brought by the EEOC.
Former employee Martell Waite, who is black, said the company refused to give him the same tools, benefits and assistance it gave to white workers in the same position.
When he complained about racially offensive language and discrimination, the company demoted him and, finally, fired him.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Cluelessness at WirelessCom costs big settlement
- Employee acting as her own lawyer? Prepare for a long slog through the legal system
- Cincinnati's Kroger chain to pay $485,000 for sexual harassment
- It's dangerous to let supervisors set ADA accommodations