Champion Window of Pittsburgh has agreed to pay $100,000 to settle a race discrimination lawsuit brought by the EEOC.
Former employee Martell Waite, who is black, said the company refused to give him the same tools, benefits and assistance it gave to white workers in the same position.
When he complained about racially offensive language and discrimination, the company demoted him and, finally, fired him.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Leave off job application any language that limits time frames for employee to sue
- Tale of two cases: How to avoid costly FMLA and ADA mistakes
- Dust off your harassment policy or face the jury
- Whistle-blower claims retaliation by Bexar constable's office