Champion Window of Pittsburgh has agreed to pay $100,000 to settle a race discrimination lawsuit brought by the EEOC.
Former employee Martell Waite, who is black, said the company refused to give him the same tools, benefits and assistance it gave to white workers in the same position.
When he complained about racially offensive language and discrimination, the company demoted him and, finally, fired him.
- Brace Against Rising Tide of Age-Bias Lawsuits in Florida
- Employee sues for bias? Check lawsuit claims against original EEOC complaint
- Don't consider weight in hiring; obesity may qualify as a disability
- Remind supervisors to immediately report offensive graffiti, and then remove it
- Ensure taking leave is employee's choice