Champion Window of Pittsburgh has agreed to pay $100,000 to settle a race discrimination lawsuit brought by the EEOC.
Former employee Martell Waite, who is black, said the company refused to give him the same tools, benefits and assistance it gave to white workers in the same position.
When he complained about racially offensive language and discrimination, the company demoted him and, finally, fired him.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- More courts lose patience with frivolous claims; they're asking failed litigants to pay up
- It's up to employee to connect dots between alleged bias, protected status
- Jury awards fired drivers $243,000 for racial harassment
- Conduct age audit to show you don't favor young workers