Champion Window of Pittsburgh has agreed to pay $100,000 to settle a race discrimination lawsuit brought by the EEOC.
Former employee Martell Waite, who is black, said the company refused to give him the same tools, benefits and assistance it gave to white workers in the same position.
When he complained about racially offensive language and discrimination, the company demoted him and, finally, fired him.
- Being sole minority employee doesn't mean special protection
- Mineral Met hung out to dry following noose incident
- Bad news: You're going to be sued--Good news: Be fair and you'll win
- Managers' anti-mom stances can count as discrimination
- Track declining productivity to justify staffing, pay and promotion decisions