Champion Window of Pittsburgh has agreed to pay $100,000 to settle a race discrimination lawsuit brought by the EEOC.
Former employee Martell Waite, who is black, said the company refused to give him the same tools, benefits and assistance it gave to white workers in the same position.
When he complained about racially offensive language and discrimination, the company demoted him and, finally, fired him.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Adopt an anti-harassment policy and plan—before workplace malice gets out of hand
- Outer Banks hotel sued for Christmas Eve firing
- Get ready for a new federally protected class: the unemployed
- Courts lose patience with frivolous lawsuits; employers can recover attorneys' fees