Champion Window of Pittsburgh has agreed to pay $100,000 to settle a race discrimination lawsuit brought by the EEOC.
Former employee Martell Waite, who is black, said the company refused to give him the same tools, benefits and assistance it gave to white workers in the same position.
When he complained about racially offensive language and discrimination, the company demoted him and, finally, fired him.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Paying women less, hoping for the best is recipe for Equal Pay Act disaster
- Act fast to stop harassment ... and still get sued
- Different starting salaries for same job? Be prepared to explain why
- Worker gets extra breaks for prayer, but co-workers complain: What to do