Champion Window of Pittsburgh has agreed to pay $100,000 to settle a race discrimination lawsuit brought by the EEOC.
Former employee Martell Waite, who is black, said the company refused to give him the same tools, benefits and assistance it gave to white workers in the same position.
When he complained about racially offensive language and discrimination, the company demoted him and, finally, fired him.
- Denial of lateral transfer isn't an 'Adverse job action'
- Address sexual harassment fast! It's the right--and smart--thing to do
- Beware bias based on gender stereotyping
- Beware ADA claims if alleged victim isn't satisfied with harassment investigation
- Act fast to stop any workplace incident that smacks of racism or racial harassment