When you interview candidates, you typically know within a few minutes whether it’s a thumbs-up or thumbs-down. Realizing this, some employers, including Travelodge, Texas Instruments and Abbott Labs, have taken a page from the “speed dating” trend.
They’re hosting so-called “speed interviews” in which a large number of candidates are called for brief (three to 10 minutes) interviews. If that goes well, they’re brought back for traditional interviews. For more info, google “speed interviews.”
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 'Firing manager' should be same one who did the hiring
- Today's high schoolers could fill STEM skills gap
- New economic stimulus law will find HR working closely with accounting
- Does this person have a case? We withdrew an offer after she quit her old job and moved