1. You tell ’em, Mom!
“Nothing’s more fun than a two-for-one! I’ve had candidates show up for interviews with their significant others wondering if we’d hire them, too! Another fun interview is when candidates bring a parent along. It’s especially disconcerting when the candidate is clearly an adult in their mid-20s!” — Cindy
2. Candidate, phone home
“I interviewed a woman who showed up to the interview with a Bluetooth attached to her ear. After a few minutes into the interview, she said, ‘Oh, just a minute. I have a call.’” — J.J.
3. The late stripper
“I once had a candidate show up late and apologize because she had been busy stripping … and not wood either. Who admits that in a job interview?” — Mary Anne
4. The fashion police
“I had a candidate arrive to the interview an hour late, she blamed it on ‘traffic.’ Then, she looked at me and said, ‘Wow, I clearly overdressed for this.’” — J.S.
5. Bring ...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Even workers unharmed by discrimination still could sue
- Hiring issues that apparently weren't covered in law school
- Brace for lawsuit if 'demotion' involves less prestige, fewer opportunities
- Career 'bootcamp' guarantees each student a job interview