- Continuing high cost of health care
- Large numbers of baby boomers (1945-1964) retiring at about the same time
- Threat of increased health care/medical costs on the economic competitiveness of the United States
- Aging population
- Growing need to develop retention strategies for the current and future workforce
- Federal health care legislation
- Preparing organizations for an older workforce and the next wave of retirement
- Threat of recession in the United States or globally
- Labor shortages at all skill levels
- Demographic shifts leading to a shortage of high-skilled workers
Source: Society for Human Resource, 2008 Trends Report
- Can you be a boss & a friend?
- Creating and motivating your admin team: Real-world advice from other admins
- Grab a hold of high-tech careers.
- 2011 salaries expected to remain the same -- Increase your income odds with 4 ongoing strategies
- Don't consider FMLA leave when tallying employee's 'excessive' absences