For a week each year, the Society for Human Resource’s Annual Conference becomes the center of the HR world. HR Specialist editors have joined 13,000 of our peers in Chicago this week for four days of professional development covering HR’s hottest topics presented by the profession’s leading experts. Here’s some of the best from the world’s biggest HR conference.
- Your dollars at risk: Know how to protect yourself from personal liability
- Is your corporate career site actually hurting recruiting?
- 12 real-life proven ways to retain your best employees
- The No. 1 low-tech, high-touch retention solution
- Health costs, boomer retirements top list of 2008 HR concerns
- stable in ’08 despite slump
- Job satisfaction continues upward trend
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- How to get absenteeism under control ... legally
- When an improvement becomes a big problem
- How can we find out whether employees are poaching health coverage for partners?
- Control your time in 2008; don't let it control you