On May 2, 2008, Gov. Jon Corzine signed the Paid
The PFLA takes effect on Jan. 1, 2009, when employees will begin contributing to the fund. They will be able to start drawing benefits on July 1, 2009.
The PFLA applies to all private and government employers subject to the state’s unemployment compensation law, including local government employers that choose to opt out of the regular TDI program.
The PFLA allows paid leave for employees to care for:
- A family member with a serious health condition, including psychological “comfort” and time to arrange third-party care
- A newborn or n...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- How to Write Meeting Minutes
- Never tolerate co-worker sex harassment, even if harm comes from words, not deeds
- Harassment? Don't hide behind handbook
- MPW Industrial Services settles disability bias complaint
- Hidden risk: Do your staff committees violate labor law?