1. Which types of employees are 2.5 times more likely to access pornographic web sites on company-owned computers?
a. Workers whose monitors don’t face the office door
b. Home-based workers using company computers
c. Mobile workers using company laptops
2. Percentage of hiring managers who say they’ve seen job candidates answer a cell phone call during a job
a. 12% b. 26% c. 41%
3. Percentage of large U.S. companies (20,000 or more workers) that employ staff to read/analyze the contents of
employees’ outbound e-mail:
a. 21% b. 41% c. 61%
4. In sorting U.S. regions by the amount of total compensation that private employers pay to their employees, in
which regions do employers pay the most (listed first) to those paying the least (listed last)?
a. West, Northeast, South, Midwest
b. Northeast, Midwest, South, West
c. Northeast, West, Midwest, South
5. The first big federal workplace anti-discrimination law, Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, prohibits job bias
a. race, sex, age and religion
b. race, color, religion, sex and national origin
c. race, color, age, religion, sex and disability
6. Health experts recommend that a person should take about 10,000 steps per day (about 3 to 4 miles). How much
walking does the average white-collar employee do in a day?
a. 3,500 steps
b. 5,125 steps
c. 6,400 steps
7. The federal minimum wage rises to $6.55 per hour on July 24. What was the first minimum wage approved by Congress?
a. 25 cents per hour in 1938
b. 12 cents per hour in 1921
c. 45 cents per hour in 1945
Sources: 1. ScanSafe survey; 2. Vault.com survey; 3. Proofpoint survey; 4. BLS; 5. EEOC; 6. Global Corporate Challenge; 7. U.S. Department of Labor.
Answers: 1. C 2. B 3. B 4. C 5. B 6. A 7. A
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/5185/the-hr-iq-test-july-08 "