1. Which types of employees are 2.5 times more likely to access pornographic web sites on company-owned computers?
a. Workers whose monitors don’t face the office door
b. Home-based workers using company computers
c. Mobile workers using company laptops
2. Percentage of hiring managers who say they’ve seen job candidates answer a cell phone call during a job
a. 12% b. 26% c. 41%
3. Percentage of large U.S. companies (20,000 or more workers) that employ staff to read/analyze the contents of
employees’ outbound e-mail:
a. 21% b. 41% c. 61%
4. In sorting U.S. regions by the amount of total compensation that private employers pay to their employees, in
which regions do employers pay the most (listed first) to those paying the least (listed last)?
a. West, Northeast, South, Midwest
b. Northeast, Midwest, South, West
c. Northeast, West, Midwest, South
5. The first big federal workplace anti-discrimination law, Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, prohibits job bias
a. race, sex, age and religion
b. race, color, religion, sex and national origin
c. race, color, age, religion, sex and disability
6. Health experts recommend that a person should take about 10,000 steps per day (about 3 to 4 miles). How much
walking does the average white-collar employee do in a day?
a. 3,500 steps
b. 5,125 steps
c. 6,400 steps
7. The federal minimum wage rises to $6.55 per hour on July 24. What was the first minimum wage approved by Congress?
a. 25 cents per hour in 1938
b. 12 cents per hour in 1921
c. 45 cents per hour in 1945
Sources: 1. ScanSafe survey; 2. Vault.com survey; 3. Proofpoint survey; 4. BLS; 5. EEOC; 6. Global Corporate Challenge; 7. U.S. Department of Labor.
Answers: 1. C 2. B 3. B 4. C 5. B 6. A 7. A
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- N.J. judge takes dim view of banning 'Breakfast at Tiffany's'
- Long-term care insurance rated a worthwhile benefit
- Balance need for racial diversity against threat of reverse discrimination lawsuit
- St. Vincent Hospital fires worker over threatening note