1. On July 24, the federal minimum wage will take the second step of its three-step increase. It will rise from its current $5.85 per hour to:
a. $6.55 b. $6.75 c. $6.85
2. What’s the No. 1 reason employees say they go to work when they’re sick?
a. Saving my sick days for child care or elder care emergencies
b. Other people depending on me at work
c. Too much work to do
3. Percentage of CEOs and HR compensation execs who say their organizations are freezing (or considering freezing) base salaries due to the economic downturn:
a. 11% b. 24% c. 30%
4. The three most common types of job discrimination complaints filed by U.S. employees (in order) are:
a. Age, sex, race
b. Race, retaliation, sex
c. Race, age, retaliation
5. States with the highest (first) and lowest (second) unemployment rates in the United States:
a. Michigan, South Dakota
b. Alaska,...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- What's your duty to accommodate domestic violence victims?
- OK to punish repeat offenders more harshly
- Document misconduct probe, just in case of lawsuit
- Employee gripes on Facebook: Can we draw a line?