1. On July 24, the federal minimum wage will take the second step of its three-step increase. It will rise from its current $5.85 per hour to:
a. $6.55 b. $6.75 c. $6.85
2. What’s the No. 1 reason employees say they go to work when they’re sick?
a. Saving my sick days for child care or elder care emergencies
b. Other people depending on me at work
c. Too much work to do
3. Percentage of CEOs and HR compensation execs who say their organizations are freezing (or considering freezing) base salaries due to the economic downturn:
a. 11% b. 24% c. 30%
4. The three most common types of job discrimination complaints filed by U.S. employees (in order) are:
a. Age, sex, race
b. Race, retaliation, sex
c. Race, age, retaliation
5. States with the highest (first) and lowest (second) unemployment rates in the United States:
a. Michigan, South Dakota
b. Alaska,...(register to read more)
- Employee has already complained to EEOC? Get attorney's help before agreeing to settle
- Problems surface during FMLA leave? Fire away!
- If employee has authority to hire and fire, is he automatically eligible for exempt classification?
- Changing employment contract? Get agreement in writing
- Beware policies forcing workers to take leave: That can be considered an adverse action