Q. We granted an employee
A. No. The Act is an amendment to Title VII, the federal civil rights act, and prohibits discrimination on the basis of pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions. However, the PDA does not cover leave for child care. The employee’s only legally protected leave entitlement is under the FMLA.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Can you force a worker to get FMLA certification?
- Don't extend disciplinary periods due to FMLA or military absences
- How should we handle a termination when both the FMLA and short-term disability are in play?
- 10 warning signs of low morale ... and 7 ways to boost it