Q. We granted an employee
A. No. The Act is an amendment to Title VII, the federal civil rights act, and prohibits discrimination on the basis of pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions. However, the PDA does not cover leave for child care. The employee’s only legally protected leave entitlement is under the FMLA.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Delphi learns the hard way: Don't mess with medical records
- Toledo reaches settlement with former staff--and rehires them
- Grandparent leave for military service
- Department of Labor to study FMLA usage; may signal more upcoming regulatory changes