Q. We granted an employee
A. No. The Act is an amendment to Title VII, the federal civil rights act, and prohibits discrimination on the basis of pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions. However, the PDA does not cover leave for child care. The employee’s only legally protected leave entitlement is under the FMLA.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Doubt medical certification's accuracy? You're allowed to seek a second opinion
- Federal Overtime Law: 4 Tips For Staying In Compliance
- Tell worker when interactive accommodations process ends
- Go ahead and discipline, even when considering FMLA leave