Q. We granted an employee
A. No. The Act is an amendment to Title VII, the federal civil rights act, and prohibits discrimination on the basis of pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions. However, the PDA does not cover leave for child care. The employee’s only legally protected leave entitlement is under the FMLA.
- Election '08: What you need to know about what workers think
- Make sure handbook spells out maternity leave terms
- Partners in time: Balance FMLA and ADA when employee's serious illness is a disability
- Must we grant time off for employee to care for a grandparent?
- Military family leave: DOL regs spell out employee rights