Q. We granted an employee
A. No. The Act is an amendment to Title VII, the federal civil rights act, and prohibits discrimination on the basis of pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions. However, the PDA does not cover leave for child care. The employee’s only legally protected leave entitlement is under the FMLA.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- OK to cut position of worker on FMLA leave--if you can prove FMLA status didn't affect decision
- Do the math before taking action <br/> against employee on FMLA leave
- Warn bosses: No griping about pregnancy-related absences
- You can terminate after FMLA leave--if you made the decision before leave was requested