Q. We granted an employee
A. No. The Act is an amendment to Title VII, the federal civil rights act, and prohibits discrimination on the basis of pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions. However, the PDA does not cover leave for child care. The employee’s only legally protected leave entitlement is under the FMLA.
- Employee works despite FMLA leave? That's not your fault--nor FMLA interference
- Employee out of FMLA leave and unable to do the job? It's time to consider termination
- State claim can't piggyback on employee's FMLA suit
- Trauma of being fired won't extend FMLA rights
- State-by-State Guide to Voting Leave Laws