A federal jury found the Florida Department of Corrections guilty of condoning sexual harassment by male inmates in its Martin Correctional Institution.
Fourteen women, including nurses and a doctor, were awarded $630,000 for harassment they endured from 1999 through 2002. Evidence showed male inmates routinely exposed themselves, shouted obscenities and performed lewd acts in front of them.
- What should we do? We've heard rumors that some employees are downloading porn at work
- Like grocery prices, lifting requirements fluctuate
- Employee isn't completely reliable? OK to consider that when making promotion decisions
- Isolated slur doesn't justify harassment lawsuit
- Age-related laws: Liability lurks at both ends of spectrum