The American Bar Association's latest survey of ADA employment discrimination cases says companies prevail 94.5 percent of the time in court and 78.1 percent of the time in administrative complaints handled by the Equal Employment Opportunity Com-mission (EEOC).
The study covered 442 cases decided in 2002. Of those, 309 resulted in employer wins, 18 in employee wins and 115 in decisions in which the claims were unresolved.
- California Supreme Court upholds state furloughs
- What employment protections do military reservists and veterans enjoy?
- Consider ADA needs, FMLA requests separately
- When employee's partner has difficult pregnancy, be prepared to offer ADA accommodations
- Documenting HR's responsiveness cuts harassment liability