The American Bar Association's latest survey of ADA employment discrimination cases says companies prevail 94.5 percent of the time in court and 78.1 percent of the time in administrative complaints handled by the Equal Employment Opportunity Com-mission (EEOC).
The study covered 442 cases decided in 2002. Of those, 309 resulted in employer wins, 18 in employee wins and 115 in decisions in which the claims were unresolved.
- When technological change means jobs are changing too, document the training you offer
- Track résumés: More applicants = more suits
- 4 discriminatory hiring practices will lure EEOC to your door
- When's a handbook not a handbook? When everyone ignores it
- When terminating a veteran, can we ask her to sign a waiver of employment claims?