The American Bar Association's latest survey of ADA employment discrimination cases says companies prevail 94.5 percent of the time in court and 78.1 percent of the time in administrative complaints handled by the Equal Employment Opportunity Com-mission (EEOC).
The study covered 442 cases decided in 2002. Of those, 309 resulted in employer wins, 18 in employee wins and 115 in decisions in which the claims were unresolved.
- Should disabled workers be given job preferences under ADA? Supreme Court to decide
- When disciplining employees, equality is vital
- Indefinite suspension is retaliation, even without discharge
- Investigating EEOC complaint? You're protected from retaliation, too
- Don't let complaint derail improvement plan