The American Bar Association's latest survey of ADA employment discrimination cases says companies prevail 94.5 percent of the time in court and 78.1 percent of the time in administrative complaints handled by the Equal Employment Opportunity Com-mission (EEOC).
The study covered 442 cases decided in 2002. Of those, 309 resulted in employer wins, 18 in employee wins and 115 in decisions in which the claims were unresolved.
- Can we offer wage hike to head off union campaign?
- Take 10: How to handle the California Labor Code mandate to provide midshift breaks
- Independent contractors may charge harassment under NJLAD
- Monitoring Internet usage
- Legitimate business reasons for decision? Feel free to fire employee who has complained