The American Bar Association's latest survey of ADA employment discrimination cases says companies prevail 94.5 percent of the time in court and 78.1 percent of the time in administrative complaints handled by the Equal Employment Opportunity Com-mission (EEOC).
The study covered 442 cases decided in 2002. Of those, 309 resulted in employer wins, 18 in employee wins and 115 in decisions in which the claims were unresolved.
- ADA: Minor complications following surgery don't add up to a disability
- Former Trop owner fined for business problems, while union vote is overturned
- Gender-Bender Liability: More States, Cities Make It Illegal to Discriminate Based on 'Gender Identity'
- Planned state furloughs tied up in union lawsuit
- How to discuss late hours without bringing up family obligations