The American Bar Association's latest survey of ADA employment discrimination cases says companies prevail 94.5 percent of the time in court and 78.1 percent of the time in administrative complaints handled by the Equal Employment Opportunity Com-mission (EEOC).
The study covered 442 cases decided in 2002. Of those, 309 resulted in employer wins, 18 in employee wins and 115 in decisions in which the claims were unresolved.
- 3 tips to hold the line on health insurance costs—That won't land you in court
- Interview and consider applicants even if they're receiving SSD payments
- E-Mail policies and the NLRA
- Common sense prevails: Simply belonging to protected class doesn't justify bias lawsuit
- Accommodating a driver who can't drive