The American Bar Association's latest survey of ADA employment discrimination cases says companies prevail 94.5 percent of the time in court and 78.1 percent of the time in administrative complaints handled by the Equal Employment Opportunity Com-mission (EEOC).
The study covered 442 cases decided in 2002. Of those, 309 resulted in employer wins, 18 in employee wins and 115 in decisions in which the claims were unresolved.
- Design restrictive agreements that protect you—and stick in court
- Never mind Senate Republicans: Supreme Court could scuttle ACA
- What HR pros should know about trade secret misappropriation
- 'Anti-Mom' comments can trigger messy discrimination lawsuits
- Beware: 'Association discrimination' is new HR worry