The American Bar Association's latest survey of ADA employment discrimination cases says companies prevail 94.5 percent of the time in court and 78.1 percent of the time in administrative complaints handled by the Equal Employment Opportunity Com-mission (EEOC).
The study covered 442 cases decided in 2002. Of those, 309 resulted in employer wins, 18 in employee wins and 115 in decisions in which the claims were unresolved.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Workers ignoring our time clock rules: Can we dock their pay?
- Transfer away from alleged harasser may be an ADA reasonable accommodation
- Restaurateur tries the 'I yell at everyone' defense
- Could a court order force us to compromise our employees' privacy?