When: Thursday, June 12, 2008
1:00 – 2:15 p.m. ET
“Crackdown to Focus on Illegal Hires” – Chicago Tribune
Are you prepared for the crackdown? Are you ready for the steps you must take to stay in compliance?
The Bush Administration unveiled several new immigration enforcement initiatives in recent months, many of which affect the way you hire, fire and keep paperwork on employees. When and how this enforcement will happen remains up in the air – all the more reason you need to be prepared!
The costs of noncompliance are already showing up in statistics:
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Resigning for newfound faith doesn't justify unemployment compensation
- UPS teams up with Teamsters to shore up pension fund
- Review I-9 compliance through Homeland Security's eyes
- Firing employee? Make sure he knows he really has been terminated