When: Thursday, June 12, 2008
1:00 – 2:15 p.m. ET
“Crackdown to Focus on Illegal Hires” – Chicago Tribune
Are you prepared for the crackdown? Are you ready for the steps you must take to stay in compliance?
The Bush Administration unveiled several new immigration enforcement initiatives in recent months, many of which affect the way you hire, fire and keep paperwork on employees. When and how this enforcement will happen remains up in the air – all the more reason you need to be prepared!
The costs of noncompliance are already showing up in statistics:
Here are just some of the new initiatives that could cause you serious problems:
- A new I-9 Form that limits the number and type of allowable I-9 documents
- Increased fines on employers that hire illegal’s – and a shift to criminal enforcement, rather than civil.
- A horde of new paperwork audits since Jan. 1 that focus on I-9s.
- Requiring certain employers to use the government’s online verification system.
- Proposed changes to the way you must handle “no-match” letters.
- How to legally complete the new I-9 Form and verify work eligibility, based on the new regulations.
- Best practices for verifying work authorization to avoid hiring illegal immigrants and escape raids and fines.
- The specific steps to take when receiving a “no-match” letter.
- The 3 biggest mistakes you’re currently making with your immigration verification and paperwork … and how to fix them.
- The government’s online verification program – and whether it’s wise to enroll now.
- What’s happening with initiatives at the state level (including 3 in-depth case studies) – and how it affects employers.
- Answers to YOUR immigration questions in our popular Q&A session.
Your boss (and the feds) will expect you to be up-to-date on these important new changes. Don’t be caught off guard. Maximize your training time at this must-listen audio conference. You’ll be glad you did.
About the Presenter:
Gregory Siskind is the founding partner of Siskind Susser Bland, widely recognized as one of the top immigration law firms in North America. Greg has written several hundred articles on the subject.
He is the author of The J Visa Guidebook and is a columnist for Immigration Law Today. He has been interviewed and profiled in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, National Law Journal and The Washington Post. He was recently the first immigration lawyer ever featured on the cover of the American Bar Association Journal.
Who Should Attend:
Employees throughout your organization can benefit from this Audio Conference:
- HR professionals
- Supervisors and managers
- Business owners
Can't Attend? Buy the Event CD! Two Easy Ways to Sign Up Today:
Can't make the Audio Conference? No problem.
Order a CD copy of the event, which will include the Q&A session.
You can enjoy it on your schedule for only $197. Click on the link or call (800) 543-2055.
Note: The event CD will be mailed out first class, approximately one week after the event date.
Can't Attend? Buy the Event CD!
Two Easy Ways to Sign Up Today:
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/5070/the-new-rules-on-hiring-the-legal-way-to-handle-i-9s-and-no-match-letters-audio-conference "