When: Thursday, June 12, 2008
1:00 – 2:15 p.m. ET
Back by popular demand – and updated to address major new immigration enforcement initiatives!
“Crackdown to Focus on Illegal Hires” – Chicago Tribune
“Immigration Agents Put Heat on Employers” – U.S. News & World Report
“Small Employers Cope with Immigration Crackdowns" – BusinessWeek
Are you prepared for the crackdown? Are you ready for the steps you must take to stay in compliance?
The Bush Administration unveiled several new immigration enforcement initiatives in recent months, many of which affect the way you hire, fire and keep paperwork on employees. When and how this enforcement will happen remains up in the air – all the more reason you need to be prepared!
The costs of noncompliance are already showing up in statistics:
Don’t let your organization become part of this chart in FY08! Get ahead of the curve by lea...(register to read more)
- Can you limit employees' time to file suit?
- Suspect sick leave abuse? Set strong policy to stamp it out--and allow legit FMLA leave
- Try 2 bonus tactics suited for tough times
- Blind sided by an employee's inglorious Internet activity
- As union eyes our workforce, what should we do about its request for pay information?