When: Thursday, June 12, 2008
1:00 – 2:15 p.m. ET
“Crackdown to Focus on Illegal Hires” – Chicago Tribune
Are you prepared for the crackdown? Are you ready for the steps you must take to stay in compliance?
The Bush Administration unveiled several new immigration enforcement initiatives in recent months, many of which affect the way you hire, fire and keep paperwork on employees. When and how this enforcement will happen remains up in the air – all the more reason you need to be prepared!
The costs of noncompliance are already showing up in statistics:
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- DOJ grant to fight employment bias along Mexican border
- Overly sensitive employee or bully boss? Trust instincts to determine who's right
- Patience key when you think worker won't return from FMLA
- When it comes to retaliation fears, don't sweat the small stuff—because courts won't