Like any responsible employer, your organization probably has a comprehensive
Here’s why: If they only list the violation—for example, dereliction of duty for leaving the workplace without permission—an employee alleging some form of discrimination may point to another employee who received a lesser punishment for the same violation.
To counter such a claim, managers and supervisors must be able to accurately describe all the facts about the discipline and what led to it.
That requires carefully documenting the entire investigative and disciplinary process. If they do, they’ll be able to explain why th...(register to read more)
- After years of litigation, court orders cops' promotion
- What employee thresholds trigger need for notification of plant closings?
- Exempt or nonexempt? Analyze your staff before a court does
- Remind supervisors: What you say in emails can and will be used against you in court!
- How to create a valid severance agreement: Sweeten the pot above and beyond the usual