Like any responsible employer, your organization probably has a comprehensive
Here’s why: If they only list the violation—for example, dereliction of duty for leaving the workplace without permission—an employee alleging some form of discrimination may point to another employee who received a lesser punishment for the same violation.
To counter such a claim, managers and supervisors must be able to accurately describe all the facts about the discipline and what led to it.
That requires carefully documenting the entire investigative and disciplinary process. If they do, they’ll be able to explain why th...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Employees don't have to use ineffective grievance process
- It may be scandalous, but reporting co-worker sexual shenanigans isn't protected activity
- Chaos unleashed: Animal shelter staff howls about top dog's behavior
- Troublesome trainee? Document difficulty from Day One