Madison-based Quest Diagnostics has agreed to pay more than $688,772 in back overtime wages to 238 employees following a U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) investigation. The DOL found that Quest misclassified as exempt the systems analysts working at all of the company’s facilities, resulting in unpaid overtime.
Note: Merely paying employees on a salary basis is no guarantee that they are exempt from overtime. For complete information on exempt versus nonexempt status and overtime payment, see the HR Specialist white paper, Complying With the .
- HR as mobsters: Supreme Court lets workers use organized-Crime law to sue their employers
- Lure 'passive' job candidates with the right first impression
- Senate votes "No!" but Obama NLRB appointee could still force you to unionize
- After hours: 5 rules for regulating employee moonlighting
- 3M wins class-action decertification—for now