Madison-based Quest Diagnostics has agreed to pay more than $688,772 in back overtime wages to 238 employees following a U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) investigation. The DOL found that Quest misclassified as exempt the systems analysts working at all of the company’s facilities, resulting in unpaid overtime.
Note: Merely paying employees on a salary basis is no guarantee that they are exempt from overtime. For complete information on exempt versus nonexempt status and overtime payment, see the HR Specialist white paper, Complying With the .
- 100% of employees participate in wellness program at tech firm
- No policies, no job descriptions, no training: A case study in how not to hire & promote
- Whistle-blowers gain courage thanks to Time honor
- 3 ways to tell if your wellness program is paying off
- Whistle-Blower claims can be forced into arbitration