The U.S. Department of Labor last month debuted the FirstStep Recordkeeping, Reporting and Notices Advisor, an online tool that helps employers determine which record-keeping and notice laws apply to them. It’s been integrated with the FirstStep Poster and FirstStep Employment Law Overview Advisors.
Find the new suite of tools at www.dol.gov/elaws/firststep.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Consider ADA, discrimination, validity issues when using personality tests
- Employment law 101: Beware firing immediately after employee returns from FMLA leave
- Preparing your workplace for a possible H1N1 flu pandemic
- Tell supervisors: No paybacks for reporting harassment