On July 24, the federal minimum wage will take the second step in the three-step increase that Congress approved last year. The wage floor will rise from its current $5.85 per hour to $6.55 per hour. It will rise again to $7.25 per hour beginning July 24, 2009.
More than half the states have set their own minimum wage. Review an interactive map of all state minimum wage laws at www.dol.gov/esa/minwage/america.htm.
- 10 tips to help you reduce small business audit risk
- Ledbetter's lesson: Revamp salary guidelines to make pay as fair as possible
- Might we be covered by Minnesota's OT rules?
- What should we do? We suspect string of workplace injuries might be workers' comp fraud
- Audit pay averages for women and men to learn if you're at risk for pay-bias suit