On July 24, the federal minimum wage will take the second step in the three-step increase that Congress approved last year. The wage floor will rise from its current $5.85 per hour to $6.55 per hour. It will rise again to $7.25 per hour beginning July 24, 2009.
More than half the states have set their own minimum wage. Review an interactive map of all state minimum wage laws at www.dol.gov/esa/minwage/america.htm.
- Minimum wage plays big role in state elections
- Employee or independent contractor? For workers' comp, commission is last word
- Punch in, punch out: State appeals court allows time clock rounding
- In Philly, 'Pete's Tax' refund to employees: $8.5 million
- Organize your personnel files to minimize legal risk