On July 24, the federal minimum wage will take the second step in the three-step increase that Congress approved last year. The wage floor will rise from its current $5.85 per hour to $6.55 per hour. It will rise again to $7.25 per hour beginning July 24, 2009.
More than half the states have set their own minimum wage. Review an interactive map of all state minimum wage laws at www.dol.gov/esa/minwage/america.htm.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Are those employees similarly situated? Not if they're acting like free agents
- How to change pay scales without triggering age bias suits
- What are the rules on paying for time spent putting on protective gear?
- Regs Require Uniform Summary of Health Benefits & Coverage