Chances are your organization performs
Many employers conduct background checks when investigating reports of employee misconduct, such as alleged sexual harassment or suspected theft.
Employers that use third parties (referred to in the law as credit reporting agencies, or CRAs) to perform background checks and investigations need to be aware of the requirements of the federal (FCRA).
How the FCRA works
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) enforces the FCRA. The FTC conducts employer audits to find out whether an employer is using a CRA to conduct background checks and, if so, whether the employer prov...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- No simultaneous challenges in state and federal courts for workers' comp cases
- Inadvertent segregation? Be able to explain why
- When time sheets are late, can we hold off on paying OT until the next paycheck?
- Of course, no cellphone use while driving, but what about smartphone-based GPS?