New Jersey has become the third state to adopt paid
Workers, who will pay for the benefit through starting Jan. 1, will be entitled to two-thirds of their salary, up to $524 a week. California already has a paid leave law, and Washington state’s will start in October.
Meanwhile, a proposal to provide paid parental leave to federal employees is making its way through Congress, which has cut the original plan from eight weeks to four.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Small Business Tax Deduction Strategies
- When tracking FMLA abuse, use surveillance cautiously
- When woman returns from maternity leave, must she return to her exact former job?
- Give employees fair shot to verify leave
- At loggerheads with IRS? Taxpayer Advocate can help