New Jersey has become the third state to adopt paid
Workers, who will pay for the benefit through starting Jan. 1, will be entitled to two-thirds of their salary, up to $524 a week. California already has a paid leave law, and Washington state’s will start in October.
Meanwhile, a proposal to provide paid parental leave to federal employees is making its way through Congress, which has cut the original plan from eight weeks to four.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Small Business Tax Deduction Strategies
- Employment law 101: Beware firing immediately after employee returns from FMLA leave
- Even 'harmless' banter can create a hostile environment
- Employer gets to choose ADA reasonable accommodation
- How Long to Tolerate a 'Disappearing' Employee?