New Jersey has become the third state to adopt paid
Workers, who will pay for the benefit through starting Jan. 1, will be entitled to two-thirds of their salary, up to $524 a week. California already has a paid leave law, and Washington state’s will start in October.
Meanwhile, a proposal to provide paid parental leave to federal employees is making its way through Congress, which has cut the original plan from eight weeks to four.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Small Business Tax Deduction Strategies
- What can we do? Employee may have been faking need for FMLA leave
- Don't play 'Name game' with newly wed employees
- 5 simple steps to help your 'tax pro' help you save money
- Employee goes dark after FMLA leave expires--when can we terminate?