New Jersey has become the third state to adopt paid
Workers, who will pay for the benefit through starting Jan. 1, will be entitled to two-thirds of their salary, up to $524 a week. California already has a paid leave law, and Washington state’s will start in October.
Meanwhile, a proposal to provide paid parental leave to federal employees is making its way through Congress, which has cut the original plan from eight weeks to four.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Small Business Tax Deduction Strategies
- Princeton Healthcare System hit with ADA suit
- Your attorney's expertise is key to crafting severance agreements that stick
- 'Repair' or 'improvement': Don't paint yourself into a tax corner
- Employment law by the numbers: Know which laws you can ignore