A. Probably not. It's illegal to subject an employee to an adverse employment action as a result of taking . Employees could make a strong case that pushing back their is an adverse action, especially if the review is linked to their compensation, eligibility for benefits, seniority rights, job duties or opportunity for promotion. Your best bet: Stop this practice ASAP.
- Caution on mandatory arbitration! Decisions almost impossible to overturn
- Keep memos, other documents leading up to discipline
- With DOL on the prowl, it's time to check your OT practices
- Will Isiah Thomas verdict open sex harassment floodgates?
- Make sure employees understand the method you use to calculate FMLA leave