In the wake of New Jersey’s recent passage of
Mandatory sick leave is also making its way through some state legislatures, but has met with stiff opposition from the business community. Employers fear abuse. “If sick leave is unpaid, it serves as a deterrent to taking off,” a lobbyist said. “If it’s paid, people think of it as vacation.”
Pennsylvania is one of 11 states considering mandatory sick-leave legislation.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Discovered poor work while employee was on military leave? Go ahead and discipline
- You're free to adjust benefit plan without fear of FMLA suit
- Is it time to stop tracking employees' vacation time?
- Google keeps the cool tools coming: 4 smart add-ons