In the wake of New Jersey’s recent passage of
Mandatory sick leave is also making its way through some state legislatures, but has met with stiff opposition from the business community. Employers fear abuse. “If sick leave is unpaid, it serves as a deterrent to taking off,” a lobbyist said. “If it’s paid, people think of it as vacation.”
Pennsylvania is one of 11 states considering mandatory sick-leave legislation.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/4859/pennsylvania-will-consider-paid-leave-bills "
- Two doctor visits during incapacity period define a serious condition
- No individual liability under Texas Whistleblower Act or Labor Code
- Does long-distance 'phone care' qualify for FMLA leave?
- Don't grant 'FMLA leave' if you're not covered
- What happens if employees don't give adequate notice of FMLA leave?