In the wake of New Jersey’s recent passage of
Mandatory sick leave is also making its way through some state legislatures, but has met with stiff opposition from the business community. Employers fear abuse. “If sick leave is unpaid, it serves as a deterrent to taking off,” a lobbyist said. “If it’s paid, people think of it as vacation.”
Pennsylvania is one of 11 states considering mandatory sick-leave legislation.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Put teeth in your arbitration agreements! Make sure employees acknowledge them
- FMLA expired and we haven't heard from worker: Can we legally terminate?
- Do temporary employees count?
- Employees' temporary disabilities don't trigger ADA protections