In the wake of New Jersey’s recent passage of
Mandatory sick leave is also making its way through some state legislatures, but has met with stiff opposition from the business community. Employers fear abuse. “If sick leave is unpaid, it serves as a deterrent to taking off,” a lobbyist said. “If it’s paid, people think of it as vacation.”
Pennsylvania is one of 11 states considering mandatory sick-leave legislation.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Mandated sick leave: Coming to a state or city near you?
- Keep solid time records to prove whether employee is eligible for FMLA leave
- NC officials launch 40% more wage investigations since 2003
- State employees can't double-dip on FMLA claims