In the wake of New Jersey’s recent passage of
Mandatory sick leave is also making its way through some state legislatures, but has met with stiff opposition from the business community. Employers fear abuse. “If sick leave is unpaid, it serves as a deterrent to taking off,” a lobbyist said. “If it’s paid, people think of it as vacation.”
Pennsylvania is one of 11 states considering mandatory sick-leave legislation.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- What time off counts for the purpose of FMLA intermittent leave?
- ADA, Ohio disability-Discrimination laws don't cut off other state claims
- Make sure employees understand the method you use to calculate FMLA leave
- Can you consider FMLA leave in employee's review?