The Foot Locker chain of athletic shoe stores will pay a former cashier $90,000 to settle a sexual harassment lawsuit.
Jeleana James filed an EEOC lawsuit alleging she was harassed and groped while working in an Upper Darby Township store. When she complained, she says she was demoted to part-time status and later fired.
Foot Locker denied James’ allegations.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Received just one application for the job? You're not required to hire that person
- Don't bend on disability accommodations if they could compromise safety
- As summer heats up, so does employer liability: 5 tips for the season
- Independent contractors, others can be plan beneficiaries