The Foot Locker chain of athletic shoe stores will pay a former cashier $90,000 to settle a sexual harassment lawsuit.
Jeleana James filed an EEOC lawsuit alleging she was harassed and groped while working in an Upper Darby Township store. When she complained, she says she was demoted to part-time status and later fired.
Foot Locker denied James’ allegations.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- When performance slips, don't let past good reviews affect decision-making
- EEOC class action requires proof each member was harassed
- Jury smells a rat in firing of disabled man
- N.J. Supreme Court sets rules for proving religious discrimination