The Foot Locker chain of athletic shoe stores will pay a former cashier $90,000 to settle a sexual harassment lawsuit.
Jeleana James filed an EEOC lawsuit alleging she was harassed and groped while working in an Upper Darby Township store. When she complained, she says she was demoted to part-time status and later fired.
Foot Locker denied James’ allegations.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Ensure fair distribution of work opportunities
- One-Size-Fits-All harassment reporting policies don't really fit all
- Heed new disability-access rules on building remodeling
- If your new hire can't physically perform the job, feel free to terminate