The Foot Locker chain of athletic shoe stores will pay a former cashier $90,000 to settle a sexual harassment lawsuit.
Jeleana James filed an EEOC lawsuit alleging she was harassed and groped while working in an Upper Darby Township store. When she complained, she says she was demoted to part-time status and later fired.
Foot Locker denied James’ allegations.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- HR detective: How to solve the classic 'he said/she said' mystery
- Can you give inferior benefits to disabled retirees? Courts split
- Quick action key to preventing harassment lawsuits
- Set policies, establish clear process for employees to report sexual harassment